Lizr

Hello I'm new to the site, I was diagnosed with lung cancer in July of this year adenocarcinoma of the right lower lobe of my lung , the doctor said it was stage 1 . I had my right lower lobe of my lung removed on August 24th and still recovering from the surgery.  I have a lot of swelling under my right arm pit into my right breast and under my breast/chest area is this normal ?  I'm still having a lot of pain/burning pain in the incision and burning into the breast/ chest area ? Would appreciate any answers or suggestions !!!  Thank you

Welcome Lizr,

Post thoracic surgical swelling, is it normal?  Yes for a period.  Unfortunately, what is normal to one person is abnormal to another.  You are a month and 5 days post surgery.  I would think in that period, swelling should begin to reduce.  Pain also but my thoracic surgery pain became chronic.  Still pain is something I'd have checked out by your surgeon so I suggest scheduling an appointment.

Stay the course.

Tom

Hi Liz.  I had an upper left lobectomy in February of this year.  I was told that it would take up to a year to fully recover from the surgery.  I still have a bit of a pulling sensation on my left shoulder blade, but the bruised filing under my left arm and on my left shoulder blade has finally subsided.  The numbness I experienced is also finally coming to an end.  Be patient with the recovery process but definitely ask your surgeon about anything that doesn't feel right.  Good luck to you and keep us posted.