Ebba

Ebba

I am a stage 3 non-small cell cancer patient receiving treatment at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, Florida. Was diagnosed in the fall of 2014, and still doing pretty well. Initially, I received three chemo and 30 radiation treatments. I also have been diagnosed with adenoid cystic carcinoma in my trachea, a rare and slow-growing cancer my docs don't seem too concerned about at this time. Any words of wisdom on my situation? 

I'm being treated for the lung cancer with a drug called Alimta, something they call a maintenance dose. Any insight out there about Alimta or a drug called Taxane/taxol, which also is under consideration as a treatment option.

Thanks

Ebba

Hi, Ebba.  I took Alimpta, along with Cisplatin, as part of my chemo earlier this year for late stage adenocarcinoma.  The side effects were minimal and the only two that linger are fatigue (which can also be attributed to thyroid issues) and ringing in my ears.  

I wish you the best with your treatment.  Please keep us posted on your progress.