I'm new

Ray E.

I joined this forum because I'm looking for others who now have or have had similar problems for mutual support and information.

I was diagnosed with stage 4 non-small cell adenocarcinoma of the left lung almost 3 years ago. I underwent chemotherapy for about 7 months and the cancer had stabilized.

It recently returned and I'm going in for my third infusion of Opdivo tomorrow.

I'm married and retired and live in Palm Springs, California. 

Welcome Ray.  I was diagnosed Stage 3B 12/3/97.  I had lots of chemo, radiation, surgery and more chemo.

I am sure there are some here that are going through  your journey.  Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Donna G

Hi, Ray,

Welcome to LCSC. I'm sorry to hear about your current situation. We're glad you've joined LCSC--this is a great site to connect with others on a similar journey. Like Donna said, please keep us posted on your treatment and feel free to ask questions or join in the conversations on other discussion threads.

We are here for you!

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Ray,

Unfortunately, cancer is persistent.  I had four recurrences in my treatment history so you need to persevere to overcome the persistence.  I've read many good things about Opdivo and hope you have a good response.  You should receive a scan soon after tomorrow's infusion.  Hoping it is NED (no evidence of disease).  Let us know the results so we can celebrate the good news!

Palm Springs is a grand place to live.  In my long years of treatment, I got so wrapped up in the anxiety of treatment that I forgot its purpose -- to extend life.  So take advantage of all that Palm Springs has to offer during your treatment and enjoy your retirement and life.  Many of us have suffered recurrence.  Many of us live.  If we can live, so can you.

Stay the course.

Tom

Thank you all for your encouraging support I do appreciate it.

Had my third infusion of Opdivo yesterday and other than nausea, have had no side affects. I'll just keep plugging along and enjoying what I can as long as I can.

Ray