Mediastonoscopy with biopsy

Cannedy

Evening all , another day closer to my surgery. Anyone had this procedure done? Going down my windpipe to a very close right lung neoplasm. I thought i was having an open lung biopsy but turns out this one (out of 2) is easier to access. I just hope they'll properly diagnose as I've read one neoplasm can be one thing and another different. I've been trying to relax but having nightmares or not sleeping or eating ice cream for comfort . Well glad you are all here to talk to. I live alone, no friends, etc. Guess I'm a strong person for surviving this far 

From what you've said before they are concerned about confirming cancer, as opposed to TB, correct?  I would assume that the large mass is the biggest concern right now.  If they confirm cancer there and determine what type, then hopefully whatever treatment they start would address both.  They can at least monitor the smaller one and see if it changes.  A matter of prioritization, I suspect.  Did you ask the doctor what they would do about the other one?  

Archived