Spiculated nodule

Lauras

GiGi,

I've been following your thread. In total, I had 4 thoracic surgeries. The first was a biopsy and was a day surgery procedure with no tube. The second was a pneumonectomy and my tube was removed the day after surgery. I was discharged after 5 days. My last two were due to suture problems on the bronchus stump, and they are considered very rare surgeries.  But, I had long stays and was discharged after my third with a tube that stayed in place more than a month.

Most important for me is not recalling how long my hospital stays were nor how long various tubes stayed in place but that I have survived a late stage diagnosis for going on 16 years.  I hope and pray your surgery is successful and your result is no evidence of disease or NED.

Stay the course.

Tom

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Tom Galli said:

GiGi,

I've been following your thread. In total, I had 4 thoracic surgeries. The first was a biopsy and was a day surgery procedure with no tube. The second was a pneumonectomy and my tube was removed the day after surgery. I was discharged after 5 days. My last two were due to suture problems on the bronchus stump, and they are considered very rare surgeries.  But, I had long stays and was discharged after my third with a tube that stayed in place more than a month.

Most important for me is not recalling how long my hospital stays were nor how long various tubes stayed in place but that I have survived a late stage diagnosis for going on 16 years.  I hope and pray your surgery is successful and your result is no evidence of disease or NED.

Stay the course.

Tom

Oh Tom that is great 16 years with late stage is great. So happy for you ! I would imagine your stays were long due to the fact that you had so many surgeries. Thanks for sharing !

Archived