Mally

Mally

Hi everyone I hope you all enjoyed Christmas time and I've got a query about opdivo ...I've been on it for 12 months now and doing well ( next scan due Jan 29th ) but my last infusion was set for half hour instead of the normal hour as the nurse said they got an email that everyone is to have the half hour ...anyone had this also ? The dose is the same but just run through quicker..Also my side effect of opdivo is itchy skin that starts with a little red lump and as the months have gone on I have big areas of rough scaly skin on my thighs and ankles and a couple on my chest ...its very annoying at times and I'm rubbing steroid cream or moisturizer 3 times a day but I'm not complaining as much as would like to know if anyone else is experiencing this ?

Mally,

I have read on LUNGevity's Facebook forum that it's been approved to infuse Opdivo in a reduced amount of time.  If there are negative side effects from receiving the infusion more quickly, be sure to let the infusion nurses know,

As far as the rash/itchy skin...it's really common in immunotherapy.  My mom tried all sorts of creams and nothing worked that great.  The itching would keep her up at night, so her doc told her to take benedryl.  My mom is not a fan of benedryl, but she did take it on nights she needed a good night's sleep.  It either helped with the itching or knocked her out so she could sleep through it.

Take Care,

Steff

Thankyou Steff at least it's good to know it's common because my oncologist hasnt even asked to look at the rash and it's bad on my  left thigh and both ankles and smaller areas on my chest and other leg ....I feel like I'm the bottom of a boat with these crustaceans but if it means it's working I dont care ..

That's what my mom's feeling was - is this drug is saving my life or prolonging it, I can handle some itching.  I like your analogy, it's a perfect description!

Archived