update and anyone know or heard about this???

Moonbeam

So...good news and not such great news. 

The good news is no recurrence etc. all clear . Thank goodness. The not so great news: he has a small pseudoaneurysm from the the left posterolateral margin of descending thoracic aorta. Was not there before his pneumonectomy of his left lung. Was actually in the CT scan in January a month and a half afyer surgery, but the radiologist didn’t see it. Thank goodness they saw it today . So...now we meet with a vascular surgeon 🤦🏼‍♀️

Has anyone heard of this? Anyone had this happen? Seems pretty rare...so nerve wracking. We will see a vascular surgeon Monday at 1pm to learn more about it and what can or will be done. UGH!

This is unreal. But the positive is we have one first clear scan. 

XX 

Moonbeam,

No I've not heard or experienced (thank the Lord) an aneurysm from lung cancer treatment.  From my understanding, they can be fixed but that is small comfort given everything you've been through.

I hope the vascular surgeon has a good plan for dealing with it on Monday.

Stay the course.

Tom

Karen.athome, 

Really??? Did you also have a pneumonectomy? His is 1.23cm. It has grown a bit since January CT. Any idea how they come to be? Trauma from surgery?? Any info to ease fears while waiting to meet with dctr on Monday would be great! Thank you.

one more thing: one of his findings on the CT scan was this as well:

small sub segmental centrilobular tree-in-bud nodular consolidations in the right lower lobe? then in impressions part of the CT report it says: infectious/inflammatory sub segmental consolidations in right lower lobe. 

It's confusing because he isn't sick? They were so focused on the pseudoaneurysm that that wasn't even discussed.....

I'll go through my reports and notes...and get back to you...as soon as I can.

That's the confusing thing....you aren't really sick....until...you're really sick.

Sounds like you're on top of things....must be exhausting for you.

Take a breath for yourself every now and then....

You and your lung, as well as my husbands, has had a lot of trauma. So glad you wrote back as it has eased me. I thank you for that! Life certainly brings us many challenges in our lives and for well over 10 years, I take it one day at a time. However, cancer stinks! Duh...we all know that. I’m blessed to have his 1st Scan clear...gives is a break. However, this is a new thing so just trying to learn all I can before his appt on Monday. Thank you, Karen!!! 

XX

Archived