Starting Tecentriq again

Blossomsmom

Saw the Oncologist yesterday with my Mom and since my Mom’s gastrointestinal issues (diarrhea) seemed to have resolved & she’s off the prednisone, she’s a go for Tecentriq on Monday. Her last dose of Tecentriq was on July 8th so she’s anxious to get going on it again. Hoping for no side effects but if there are again after next weeks treatment, Doctor said they will wait to do anymore until after my daughter’s wedding on10/19.  Love her Doctor, she told my Mom she knows that her goal with treatment was to see her granddaughter get married & she was going to do everything in her power to see that happen. She also suggested waiting  until after the wedding to do the next Pet-scan. If I read between the lines, I’m fairly certain that she doesn’t want to take the chance that it shows less than good results right before the very thing my mom has struggled to get to happens and I appreciate that. So here we are, back to the “wait and see” which has been such a big part and the hardest part of this journey that all began on 11/4/18. I’m so greatful to the researchers that have worked so hard on figuring out the immunotherapy, the people who were their test subjects and the medical professionals willing to give it a try. They are the reason that when my daughter walks down the isle next month her grandmother will be right there to be a witness to such a wonderful union.

• 2 months later...

Hey, how's it going? You haven't posted in a while. I hope the wedding was fantastic and your mom is tolerating the biologic well.

I've been receiving Tecentriq Biologic once a month for 5 months now and it has done amazing things by shrinking and eliminating many of my tumors but I find the side effects are increasing over time with regard to flu like symptoms, crazy fatigue, arthritis, bone and joint pain along with weird skin issues. I hope your mom doesn't experience any of these. Please post an update and thanks so much for sharing.

Archived