Scared I’m waiting too long

Sally Lash

Sorry if this is a repeat, I think I posted in the wrong place. Went to have my tattooing and mapping with the CT to show where the tumor is when they stopped and the doctor came in and said the tumor has grown significantly and I needed a diagnostic CT with contrast ASAP. Tumor found September 2, PET and biopsy in November. With the holidays and COVID I can’t get an appointment till mid January. I’m really scared while this is taking so long for any treatment it’s growing fast. Is it normal for a plan to be decided on and implementing? 

I would feel the same. Are you in the USA? If so, you should have gotten your scans within days. I was given a STAT CT with contrast within an hour of my pulmonologist ordering it and that is how we found a clot in my left lung. That day I was put on blood thinners.  Just for the record, this was a scheduled visit and not the ER.

IMO the wait you have been subjected to is unacceptable. It may not make a difference now that you are close to you appointment but you should call your doctor. Any of them and tell them as much.

It burns me when I hear stories like yours. I wish you the best

Peace

Tom

Yes I’m in the states. I am definitely going to be be a better advocate for myself going forward. Will be contacting my docs and telling them they need to do better and definitely asking for a new nurse navigator. I am so thankful I found this site and these forums, they are so helpful, it should be required for all newly diagnosed! Thanks 

Archived