Introducing myself

SharonC

On New Year’s Eve 2019 I was diagnosed with lung cancer. A few days later it was pinned down to Stage IV NSCLC Met Exon 14 skipping mutation non small-cell lung cancer.  I was started on 200mg capmatinib  2 pills twice a day as a trial  this was in February 2020  By June (I think)2020 the pill was FDA approved  the pill became Tabrecta . In November,  Because of edema and dizzyness from the pill my dosage was reduced to 150mg. By august 2021 no tumors were found in the lungs so Tabrecta was stopped. It had done its job.   However a new scan found a new growth on 2 nodes below the stomach Keytruda was started.  It’s a skipping mutation so it was expected to go somewhere else. The stomach issues went away then another node under my left arm at my side showed signs of cancer   I am still on the Keytruda   I just had a ct scan of the chest and everything that was there has shrunk   So that is working.  I did not go into the brain spots that’s another story.  I had a MRI for that yesterday.  The results are not back yet.  So that is the readers digest story.   Thanks for accepting me.   

Sharon,

Welcome to our forum and sorry you need to be here.  Based on your description above, you already sound like a veteran in handling this disease.  We have a number of members here who are taking a variety of targeted therapies and I'm sure you'll be hearing from them soon.  So far your test seem to bear out a good response to your treatment protocol and I'm glad to hear it.  Feel free to browse our forums, especially the Immunotherapy which can be found here.  Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Lou

Hi Sharon, and welcome to the club no one wants to be part of. (That’s usually Lou’s line.) It sounds like you are in the whack-a-mole stage of lung cancer and staying ahead of the game. Glad to hear those nodules have shrunk! My most recent MRI showed a brain met and that’s slated for destruction via gamma knife, and I’m also starting targeted therapy. Fingers crossed that your MRI results bring clarity about the next steps on your road. 

Karen

Archived