Canadian daughter/support person-Hello!

mcgrathj

Hi,

I've been alongside my 75 y.o mother on her NSCLC-Stage IV-adenocarcinoma journey for the past 8 years.  I worked in psychological research in my 30s and have been putting those skills to good use for her.  She has been on cisplatin/pemetrexed (Alimta), carboplatin/pemetrexed, then Alimta maintenance.  Next:  Opdivo for 4 years.  Next:  Survivacc vaccine plus Keytruda for 2 years.  She has had bony mets (l5-S1) from the start which is her main complaint other than neuropathy and fatigue.  She is now on nothing as her Foundation One testing a few years ago did not identify any operational mutations except one (can't recall at the moment) for which olaparib can be used.  Since she's been on two consecutive clinical trials with immunotherapy she hasn't met criteria for any new trials.  

We're blessed that this disease is getting the attention and research it deserves and that immunotherapy has been added to the mix.  I will always look for new ways to help my mom.

I wish you all good luck on your journey and am happy to answer any questions.

Blessings,

Jeanette

Jeanette,

Welcome to our forums.  If you look around our forums a bit you'll see a host of information that may prove helpful for your mom.  In addition to our forums Lungevity has a lot of resources on their webpages.  There is one called "Helpful Resources" and it can be found here.  It has varied information on a host of topics and is under the heading of Lung Cancer 101.  Despite the vague title there is some good information there for everyone.  We look forward to your input and also stand ready to answer any questions you may have.

Lou