Radiation a 2nd time?

Kelvin4426

Hi guys just wondering has anyone done radiation a 2nd time after completing their corse of chemo radiation? My mom has stage 3b started treatment of chemoradiation a year ago finished it and doctors said her tumor shrunk to almost gone. She had a CT scan about 2 months ago and said they found something different but very very small and said to wait and see if it grows. She had another CT scan last Friday and now she has to do radiation again. So wondering if that every happened to you guys

My mom said she had lower back pain for a month and a half and they saw something in the CT scan the req  a 1 time radiation in the area and to take steroid for 5 days

Kelvin,

Yes, I had radiation twice but to two slightly different locations in my chest and two different types of radiation.

My first-line treatment (chemoradiation) was 30 fractional radiation sessions focused on the bronchus of my right lung. My recurrence involved 3 tumors appearing in my left lung after surgery removed my right. Two of the three tumors were controlled by chemotherapy but the persistent one was finally dispatched with precision radiation (SBRT). 

My radiation oncologist said the ability of precision radiation to minimize exposure to the right side of my chest made a second radiation treatment possible.

Stay the course.

Tom

I had 2 courses of consecutive radiotherapy. First 6 weeks of conventional to my chest, and then 2 shots of SABR (also called precision radiation) to my adrenal. My understanding is that you do not radiate the same place twice, but there shouldn’t be much of an issue having another area blasted. In fact I think it is quite common to use it to “clean up” recurrences if other areas are responding well.

Hey guys so my mom is having her 1 time radiation today because theybfound that there was a tumor on her sciatic nerve. The tumor is pressing on the sciatic nerve causing pain. She will also talk to another doctor about starting target therepy as she is egfr positive. Anyone else had a tumor grow on their sciatic nervem