Dr.

I’m Marianne (67) from Toronto, Canada recently diagnosed with Stage 4 - EGFR L858r mutation. On Tagrisso since May 17, 2023. Was living full life, teaching part time at University, writing, volunteering, traveling, enjoying the outdoors when diagnosed in March (no symptoms) Awaiting first CT scan since treatment.  Looking for folks who are journeying on same path!

Marianne,

I believe you saw my response to Elebee and the references to the EGFR and other groups.  Please follow those links there are people there that may be experiencing what you are.  Also, feel free to ask any questions you have, there is a lot of experience here and we're willing to share and help.

Lou

Hi Marianne,

I recognize my own path in your description! L858R is one of the most common EGFR mutations. That means there's been a (comparatively) good amount of research that's been done.

I encourage you to keep up your activities to the degree you can. I'm currently training for a very challenging distance bike ride with exciting(!) elevation gains. I'm up to 53 miles and good improvement on hills. Two years ago, I gave myself an Olympic gold medal for walking 2200 steps in one day. So, there's lots of life after a diagnosis of stupid lung cancer. 

I know fatigue can be a side effect of Tag, but even mild exercise can offset those effects.

Welcome aboard, and best of luck on the next scan.

Keep us posted,

Karen