Bible quizz

lilyjohn

This is not a joke but interesting. I got 23 then turned to the Bible and managed to get one more. It is not easy I have no idea what the other 6 are.

There are thirty books of the Bible in this paragraph. Can you find them?

This is a most remarkable puzzle. It was found by a gentleman in an airplane

seat pocket, on a flight from Los Angeles to Honolulu, keeping him occupied

for

hours. He enjoyed it so much, he passed it on to some friends. One friend

from Illinois worked on this while fishing from his john boat. Another friend

studied it while playing his banjo. Elaine Taylor, a columnist friend, was so

intrigued by it she mentioned it in her weekly newspaper column. Another

friend judges the job of solving this puzzle so involving, she brews a cup of

tea

to help her nerves. There will be some names that are really easy to spot.

That's a fact. Some people, however, will soon find themselves in a jam,

especially since the book names are not necessarily capitalized. Truth fully,

from answers we get, we are forced to admit it usually takes a minister or

scholar to see some of them at the worst. Research has shown that something

in our

genes is responsible for the difficulty we have in seeing the books in this

paragraph. During a recent fund raising event, which featured this puzzle,

the

Alpha Delta Phil lemonade booth set a new sales record. The local paper, The

Chronicle, surveyed over 200 patrons who reported that his puzzle was one of

the most difficult they had ever seen. As Daniel Humana humbly puts it, "the

books are all right here in plain view hidden from sight." Those able to find

all of them will hear great lamentations from those who have to be shown. One

revelation that may help is that books like Timothy and Samuel may occur

without their numbers. Also, keep in mind, that punctuation and spaces in the

middle are normal. A chipper attitude will help you comp ete really well

against

those who claim to know the answers. Remember, there is no need for a mad

exodus, there really are 30 books of the Bible lurking somewhere in this

paragraph waiting to be found.

Okay, I found a way to cheat and found 'em all! Here they are, in bold:

There are thirty books of the Bible in this paragraph. Can you find them? This is a most remarkable puzzle. It was found by a gentleman in an airplane seat pocket on a flight from Los Angeles to Honolulu keeping him occupied for hours. He enjoyed it so much he passed it on to some friends. One friend from Illinois worked on this while fishing from his john boat. Another friend studied it while playing his banjo. Elaine Taylor, a columnist friend, was so intrigued by it she mentioned it in her weekly newspaper column. Another friend judges the job of solving this puzzle so involving, she brews a cup of tea to help her nerves. There will be some names that are really easy to spot. That's a fact. Some people, however, will soon find themselves in a jam, especially since the book names are not necessarily capitalized. Truthfully, from answers we get, we are forced to admit it usually takes a minister or scholar to see some of them at the worst. Research has shown that something in our genes is responsible for the difficulty we have in seeing the books in this paragraph. During a recent fund raising event which featured this puzzle, the Alpha Delta Phi lemonade booth set a new sales record. The local paper, "The Chronicle" surveyed over 200 patrons who reported that this puzzle was one of the most difficult they had ever seen As Daniel Humana humbly puts it, " the books are all right here in plain view hidden from sight". Those able to find all of them will hear great lamentations from those who have to be shown. One revelation that may help is that books like Timothy and Samuel may occur without their numbers. Also keep in mind that punctuation and spaces in the middle are normal. A chipper attitude will help you compete really well against those who claim to know the answers. Remember, there is no need for a mad exodus, there really are 30 books of the Bible lurking somewhere in this paragraph waiting to be found.

Amos

Mark

Luke

John

Joel

Judges

Job

Hebrews

Eshter

Acts

James

Ruth

Romans

Titus

Matthew

Genesis

Philemon (typo, Alpha Delta Phi, NOT Phil...)

Chronicles

Daniel

Nahum

Hosea

Lamenations

Revelation

Timothy

Samuel

Numbers

Malachi

Peter

Exodus

Kings

im supposed to let you all know that my sister, "ejpritz" found them all on her own awhile ago. didn't cheat a little. she's a pretty smart chick.

i watched her do it and everything

good one though

how did you cheat? did you paste it onto word and do "find"? just curious.

It took FOREVER to cheat - I copied it into Word, removed all the spaces and punctuation and then I opened the ol' Book... I used the "Find" for every book in THE BOOK and where ever they lit up, I bolded them and changed the text color...not too hard...and up to that point, I had 29 due to the Delta Phil thing...

SOOO, to put it back on here, I tried to just do a copy and paste BUT the color and bold didn't copy...so along with typing in the CODES for bold (couldn't highlight half words), I had to re-insert the spaces and punctuation...

Quite a bit of work for a silly puzzle! I think it all took me over an hour! LOL

(But gee, I SOUNDED smart!)

Remember, Elaine, those scores were PRE scores - PRE-college parties, PRE-motherhood, PRE-find-a-job-or-starve, PRE-life-lessons, PRE-cancer... My brain cells are pretty darn fried now, don't think I could place on a sixth grade placement test! (But I DID do well on that 4th grade geography thing...)