The real new normal

July 29th 2020  the real end of normal.

The pandemic is on us. The new normal is not too bad.  Spending  a lot of time working on the yard.  It's actually made life a little easier.  They now get all my stuff and load it in my truck for me.   

l I built this Japanese bridge. Take a break and pull up some pompous grass before calling it a day. 

IMG_20200808_195805_copy_150x112.jpg.aa6e5335536f39f75dce055bdabc9c9c.jpg

Well the pompous grass is hiding a nest of yellow jackets and they're real mad at me destroying their abode and hundreds let me know up close and personal. 

IMG_20200719_143054_copy_75x100.jpg.3a62b88966806132028cab64971ce94d.jpg
I'm allergic to ant venom and I guess wasps too.  But I'll stick it out.  I don't have an epi pen but the neighbor does.  Later on something's not right.  I'm light headed normal, but my head is pounding.  And my blood pressure is sky high. 202 over 102.  Off to the ER.

They take my vitals and see me right away.  The doc is asking questions and I can tell it's cancer related.  Hey doc I'm here because I was stung by a bunch of wasps. Asks if I'm spitting up any blood.  Yes.  My BP is 205 over 101. I have a bloody nose and it's running down my throat. He orders a chest x-Ray. I tell him I don't have cancer.  He's like we're going to check anyway.  Get a covid test and nurse say you sure do have a bloody nose.  But then the X-ray.  There's a definite spot I see it and I'm stunned.  Doc orders a chest CT and a head CT.  I whisper to my wife I think I have cancer.

I leave the ER with an appointment to have an MRI for Monday. Oncology and Pulmonologist on Wednesday. Monday after ENT who's going to do a biopsy Wednesday.

How did this Guy know? Later I find out he's retired doing ER work and radiology between Denver and Jacksonville.  Why was he in Pensacola? 

Biopsy on the 12th comes back adenocarcinoma of the lung. Not a surprise but still not ready.  Haven't slept or eaten much at all. Having full on hallucinations. Talking to my dead relatives.  At least I know it's not real.  

Where we stand.

Thorax.

Lymph nodes (lymphadenopathy)

•3.9 x 4 cm Right supraclavicular   

• 3.1 x 3.6 cm Right paratracheal

•2.3 x 3.9 cm.  Right hilar

•1.9 x2.6 cm Subcarinal

Liver 

•8 mm Mass left lobe of  liver

•3 x 3 cm Cavitary lesion in the right upper lobe of the lung. May represent primary lung neoplasm.

Brain

•3.1cm right parietal

•3.2cmRight occipital lobe (started at 5 mm)

•3 mm Right Temporal

•7 mm pineal cyst.

Aug 12 biopsy

Stage IV NSCLC Adenocarcinoma 

Prognosis 12 to 18 months 

Waiting for genetic testing to start treatment.

25 August 2020

• 1.1cm skin metastasis right neck. Prognosis Changed to 3 to 5 months. Time for some Xanax.

I can see the tumor on my neck growing. It's bigger every time I look at it. It looked like a small pimple two days ago.

Two weeks of waiting.  Not that long really but when you know it feels like a whole lot of time being wasted.

September 2 2020 

chemo port installation day. 

In the parking garage I notice I can't see to the left. Wife  has to park the truck. I'm still happy and skip into the surgery center. Fight is about to begin.

Wake up and there are so many doctors in my room. My radiation oncologist. My neurosurgeon, my ENT surgeon, my general surgeon,  my oncologist another oncologist I haven't met. Not really sure what's going on but I gather my installation was stopped. This has got to be bad.  It's hard enough getting to see one doctor let alone all of them at the same time, after hours.

Notice i am  in the ICU! Why?

Well during a planning. MRI the brain lesions grew to big, too fast for comfort and Gamma knife surgery is out.  The new lesion  in my neck was growing faster than anyone had seen.  It was decided that after my Port was put in I'd have a craniotomy and start chemotherapy with a plan to change therapy once the genetics come back.   That was their plan.  General surgeon would not put in the port.  She believed it had to be an infection because she just saw me 3 days ago and I way could a tumor grow that fast

New MRI and Neck CT

Way. Tumor could and did grow that fast. New plan.  PICC line, Craniotomy,  chemotherapy,  gross dissection of the neck if I i don't need a tracheotomy before they find a surgeon willing to do it.

Additional malignancies.

Neck

16.1 cm (161mm) x 4.7cm mass in my right neck

An 8.2 cm mass on my neck

Multiple lymph nodes in the right neck too numerous to count.

Poorly differentiated squamous cell carcinoma of the Head and neck.I  have whole new cancer.

Prognosis unknown

Next mind Blown ->>>