Mind blown

Previous <<- The real new normal

September 3 2020

PICC line installed last night .  No genetic results yet so they start ed Carboplatin and taxol around 10 Pm lasting until 3 am or so. The on duty Oncologist discuss’ the days events. Apparently I'd already been the talk of the town.  He tells me that while it's true no one has ever seen a tumor grow as fast as mine, he's seen many grow fast. An the fast growing ones if they respond, they then to respond just as  fast. I'm hoping it responds because I do not want a tracheotomy!

At sun up they took  out the two largest Tumors in my brain. I was super apprehensive about this but when done it was nothing.  No pain whatsoever. Apparently I was a little combative and woke in restraints. Back up to the ICU    I hate the ICU even though the nurses are the best.

20200905_084323_copy_300x251.jpg.321a49b3435752400e774a2ba3e2d40f.jpg

I'm the only ambulatory patient and the resident neurosurgeon wants me to walk. So every hour I do laps around the floor.  At first I can tell it's freaking the nurses out because to keep stopping me. I'm told not to use the public restroom.  Yeah go ahead and mark me noncompliant. There's no bathroom in the ICU room. We work out a deal where my wife , my Essential Caregiver, goes with me.  She's already been doing that.  
It's the hight of the covid pandemic.  There are negative pressure rooms at the end of each hallway.  They do not look or sound good. The two floors above me are all covid patients. The top floor  I hear they're not expected to make it.  This place looks like a movie and the news doesn't even come close.these people are literally dying by the hundreds right here right now.  I feel guilty and helpless to do anything for them. We are told to stay on our own floor. I'm very good with that.  Problem is I can't unsee or hear that.
I used to associate the ICU with my abscessed bowel.  You would think I'd now think of my craniotomy. Nope those dying,moaning covid patients will forever be what I think of when I see the ICU.

6 September.  Neurosurgery released me from the ICU. Oncology initially refuses but relents.  I get to the new room and the orderly tells us a joke.  It was seriously funny and I'm laughing so hard hear a squirt in my head then it feels like the universe just squished my entire body followed by it exploding.  I been hit by a car. Fallen off a mountain, had 3 holes in my gut and nothing came close to that pain. It wasn't my head. It was absolutely everything hurt.

Doc is there right away. Mind you I've not asked for so much as N aspirin to this point and the nurse let's the doc know. He says he's not going to give me anything until after a head CT.  Well doc. You're way dumber than you look if you think I can stay still go or a CT with any meds.  You want a CT you're going to put some Dilaudid in that IV before we do anything. 30 minutes later we're ready.

Off to  get a CT down in the ER. Then back to the ICU.  It's a parenchymal hemorrhage (brain bleed) causing moderate compression of the posterior body and significant compression of the atrium of the right lateral ventricle. ( it's squishing my brain.  

Brain CT every 12 hours for 4 days Before they release me.

That joke just blew my mind.  Too bad  can't even remember it.

Next A foul wind blows -->