Boyfriend has NSCLC stage 4 with brain mets

ScorpioBabe

28 y/old F with boyfriend, 52 y/old who was diagnosed back in July with stage 4 non small cell lung cancer with brain metastasis. We went to the doctor 8/28 who said that based on the testing that has been done so far he's giving my boyfriend at least 2 years, of course we are hoping and praying for longer if possible. So far he has completed a round of radiation and he will be starting immunotherapy and chemotherapy soon. We just found out that he will be having his port placed tomorrow. I'm trying to stay strong for him and be supportive and keep things as positive as I can. I do my best not to cry in front of him but when I'm by myself, I break down quite a bit. I'm reaching out to anyone who may be going through this themselves and can educate me more and/or their loved ones. I just want to be there for him as much as I can and also be educated and informed. Thank you to whoever takes the time to read this.

I was diagnosed 4 years ago stage 4b. Before treatment started my prognosis became quite grim, 3 to 6 months .  I've been in full remission for 3 and a half years. It hasn't been a walk in the park, but nowhere near as bad as imagined. 

You can read about my lung cancer journey here

https://forums.lungevity.org/topic/53203-the-real-new-normal/