Catherter removed

carlton

Carlton,

Thank you so much for asking about my catheter removal. Yes, I did have it removed yesterday. It was actually not as bad as I thought it would be, but there is a reason for that:

Apparently, all the pain I've been having has been due to the catheter. The pulmonology department at MD Anderson says that "MOST" of their other patients never experience the problems that I did and I must just be a "sensitive" person. That made me feel like they think I'm just "weak" and a hypocondriac (sp?)!

They went on to explain that the catheter was a "foreign body" in me and my body was rejecting it therefore causing the pain. When I asked if it could have been a latex allergy, they most certainly said NO WAY!

So, since I'm such a "sensitive" person, instead of just giving me a local in the area of the catheter, they gave me some meds by IV and it relaxed me so that I did not feel a thing when they took out the catheter.

Today, I'm feeling much better. Still sore, but I was able to sleep better last night, and I feel that I will feel better as the days go by.

Again, thanks for asking!

TAnn

TANN

So glad to hear the good news. And also SO glad to hear you got the IV meds. I don't know where some of the medical profression learned "that look" but I am beginning to notice it and each time, I want to say---"Hey, you trade places with me--ok??"

I shouldn't go on this way, because there have been some very kind people, too.

Elaine

Carlton, I just wanted to comment about what that neighbor said to you. You know we all must die someday. And this neighbor too will be faced with their own demise. I wonder if they will "go softly into the night." Yeah, "some people will do anything to live." I admit that I am one of them!!! There is no shame in wanting to live. I think most people would chose life.

TAnn, so glad the hose is out!!! I'll bet you slept better. Those bunch of wessles- I would love to see them with a projectile hanging out their side to see whether "it hurts or not!" Ha! "You are just sensitive!" Geesh!!

:roll:

Cheryl