Has anyone changed careers after cancer hit their family?

Yippeee, Gina's going to be a nurse! We need you, Gina - good luck in nursing school.

Karen C., I hope you can find a way to attend nursing school. One thing I have to say about the nursing profession is we are flexible: many educational paths, many career paths. I hope you find one that works for you.

If you want any advice about nursing, feel free to p.m. me. I've been in this for 22 years now, so I've learned a few things.

Finally, Andrea, good luck in exploring you new career options. Giving up the lucrative job - although you hated it - takes courage. I'm sure you'll do well!

You are making the right choices for yourself.

Thanks everyone! And Karen, I am printing out your message as evidence and proof that you agreed to give parenting tips :) Manmade, store bought, g-d founded, who cares, it is still your precious baby :):)

I know NOTHING about kids, literally. Being an only child and only grandchild, I had no first cousins to play with and was hardly around children, so it will be an experience :) I love my best friends two l ittle girls and they lvoe me, but I think that is because I spoil them :oops: They see me and know there is a good potential for a gift ;)