Guest Phyllis Posted May 26, 2004 Share Posted May 26, 2004 Hi, I am in the midst of having a personal pity party. I got my CT scan results back yesterday and after expecting a wonderful result it showed some growth instead with possible new spots. My doc wanted me to take a chemo break, but I convinced him that gemzar would not bother me that much. He would not go for the gemzar/navelbine combo as he felt that neither drug would probably work so why make it worse by adding navelbine. I have never had low blood counts. None of this d*** chemo has really done anything for me except for the PTK/Xeloda study. He of course pulled out the fact that head and neck cancer with mets to the lungs is a different animal from lung cancer. Even though they use the same drugs to treat it. He did make the point that it was not worth the risk to have low blood counts if and when I see the radiofrequency surgeon since he would not be able to do anything if that happened. He is not planning to stand in the way of my doing the surgery. I am just worried that with these new spots the surgeon may not do the surgery. He may feel the disease is too aggressive at this stage. My largest tumor is now 3.3 and it was 2.9. It makes me really mad that he was ready to do the surgery back in Feb. but I had that oncologist who wanted me to do carbo/taxol first. I do not know what I will do if I get turned down now. The oncologist here did hold out the hope of a clinical trial in a couple of months, but I don't know what it is and he may have been trying to placate me. I am just angry right now. Sorry for the long post. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.