they found a "lump"

Scared

My mom has had a "cold" or something so we thought for the past 5 days.. she went to the dr. & they said yeah, seems like it could be pneumonia, so they did some x-rays.. They found a lump or something on her Lung, said it could be pneumonia, but to start her antibiotic & then she goes back in 10 days. Well that wasnt good enough so she see's another dr. Monday.

I am just so ooooo scared!!!

Guest HerSon

Don't be scared. A lump could be any number of things, many of which are not serious. Wait untill tests are done to be sure what you are dealing with.

Dear Scared,

I can see why you're scared, but you don't know everything you need to know yet. GOOD FOR YOU for not waiting 10 days to go the next step. Stick to your guns and find out as quickly as possible what you're dealing with! I will keep you oand your mom in my prayers.

BeckyCW

Things sometimes are beyond our expectations. Like my brother, 2-3 years ago, there was a shadow shown on his x-ray and doctor thought it was most likely a tumor because it was a round shape. The doctor was quite sure about this. Then we whole family were scared and very upset about that and that was a nightmare. Then a CT scan was followed for further check and the scan result indicated that the shadow is fluid-type, not a mass. Then gradually, that "weird" thing was reduced in size.

So, get more test and scans before jumping to conclusion. All the best. :D

Dear Scared,

I know it is natural to jump to conclusions (and generally not the best ones), but try to calm your fears. Nothing has been determined yet and let's all hope that it is something that can easily be resolved. No matter what, you won't have to make immediate decisions, so wait until there is a reason. In the meantime, prayers that this is all resolved favorably and very, very soon.

Peace,

Margaret

Thank you all so much. We were really upset after they told her to go home & wait too!! I said NO WAY.. So monday her surgeon is looking at the x-rays!!!

I hope I know more on monday, but thank you all for the positive attitudes!! I just love her so much!