Chinese herb

john

This is only one case. Hard to tell how "real" this is.

Lung Cancer. 2004 Mar;43(3):355-60. Related Articles, Links

Regression of squamous cell carcinoma of the lung by Chinese herbal medicine: a case with an 8-year follow-up.

Liang HL, Xue CC, Li CG.

RMIT Chinese Medicine Research Group, Bundoora West Campus, RMIT University, PO. Box 71, Bundoora, Vic. 3083, Australia.

A 51-year-old woman diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) of the lung (T2N2M0) by cytological tests and a CT scan has survived for 8 years. During this period of time, she had been treated with Chinese herbal medicine alone for 4 years. The herbal prescription consisted of nine Chinese medicinal herbs. These herbs have been reported to possess anti-tumour and immune enhancing effects. Therefore, it is suggested that the herbal treatment for this patient might have contributed to the complete regression of her lung carcinoma. Further research on the actions of these herbs is warranted.

Publication Types:

Case Reports

PMID: 15165095 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

I see an herbologist who is an md practicing traditional chinese medicine also. I am currently on chinese herbs. I'd love to know the name of the herbs this article is referring to so I can consult with my dr. Does anyone have any info?