nutritionist info

MJ

hi everyone,

i was wondering if anyone could recommend a reputable nutritionist in the los angeles area. i know that geoff's mom is seeing a great one in new york. i'm not sure where to look out here (everyone out here seems to be on some hollywood diet to lose weight). thanks in advance,

mj

Sorry MJ, I should know, since I'm in your area, but I don't. I do hope you manage to find a good one. Your right about the diets a friend of mine has just started something fancy too. I meanwhile am putting on weight from all the stress and also because I am making, (and eating,) all the foods Dave likes, to tempt him to eat. Help!

Love, Paddy

thanks for responding, although i guess we are both kinda lost on the subject! i too have been turning into a thanksgiving turkey! :lol: i used to workout a lot, but since my mom's diagnosis, i've been totally slacking. funny thing is that i have been careful about what my mom and dad eat (since i do most of the cooking and grocery shopping), but i have been stuffing my face with basically whatever is lying around (don't i sound all lady-like?). anyway, if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!

thanks,

mj

MJ,

I met with a really good nutritionist in Pasadena several years ago, but he seems to have moved on; I can't find him anymore. I know of another one, but haven't seen her myself. If you want to PM me your location, I'll see if I know someone who knows someone...

I went back to my nutritionist's advice recently and have lost some, but have a long way to go. I fully intended to go to a yoga class today and missed it. :oops: If either of you are interested in a yoga class in Pasadena, let me know! :)

BeckyCW

MJ, I just wanted you to know that Geoff's mother and I see the same doctor in NY. Dr. Chang is not a nutritionist. He is a medical doctor specializing in Complementary/Integrative Care (including Traditional Chinese Medicine) specializing in cancer. I believe that type of doctor is what you should be looking for. Take care.

alisa, your assumption is correct. i would love to see someone who is a certified doctor and specializes in integrative care. and becky, i'm located in the south bay (about 25 miles or so south of pasadena). but i'm willing to drive anywhere in southern california if anyone knows of a good person to see. as for yoga, i have always been a really active person when it comes to exercise (i swam for most of my life), so i don't know if i'd have the patience for yoga. :lol: my mom still takes short walks almost everyday. she's been doing that throughout her treatment (she used to walk 3 miles/day before she was diagnosed). i think that she would walk to try yoga eventually, but not now. i know of several places around here though. thanks for all of your input. if anyone has anymore to say, i would be deeply appreciative. thanks.

God bless,

mj

MJ,

I'm trying to find out if the nutritionist I know of is still practicing or not; she's in Pasadena. I haven't been to her, but she sure looks healthy to me - ha! I'll put out a request for referrals from some friends. As for yoga, sounds like maybe not your cup of tea... Although some classes can be pretty darn active, there IS that meditative beginning and end! :D For me, that part is something I'd never be likely to do on my own, but I sure feel better after having done it. (So why don't I do it more often, I ask myself?!)

BeckyCW