for the bakers out there...

MJ

oops, link doesn't work. here's the article:

Dr. Mercola's Comment:

All those great numbers and facts might lead you to believe sucralose is a pretty safe product, but nothing could be further from the truth. Animal research has shown that sucralose can cause many problems such as:

Shrunken thymus glands (up to 40 percent shrinkage)

Enlarged liver and kidneys

Atrophy of lymph follicles in the spleen and thymus

Increased cecal weight

Reduced growth rate

Decreased red blood cell count

Hyperplasia of the pelvis

Extension of the pregnancy period

Aborted pregnancy

Decreased fetal body weights and placental weights

Diarrhea

If you think using Splenda is worth risking your health, than go ahead and use it. Just keep this in mind: Nearly every month we receive a report from someone who has had an adverse effect from Splenda. The fact is, many people are uneducated about the reverse effect this product can have on your health and body and find out only after they experience a negative reaction.

If dramatically reducing your intake of sweet, whether it is sugar or alternative sweeteners like Splenda, feels close to "impossible" for you, I strongly urge you to read my bestselling TOTAL HEALTH Cookbook and Program (which has a special offer now!) It presents my entire dietary program that has helped many tens of thousands of patients, and one of the key reasons this book has received such widespread critical acclaim is its strong focus on eliminating unhealthy dietary cravings and addictions like "sweet addiction" through natural solutions like metabolic typing and much more.

For further information on Splenda you can review my Splenda toxicity page and read through the many testimonials people have sent in about this product.