A new vaccine trial being offered at Mary Crowley Research

-Cheryl-

Hello All,

I met with DR. Nemunaitis today. He wants me to continue with CT2103 till a new vaccine trial is underway, which should begin enrolling next week and start in about a month. He doesn't know if the vaccine TGF-B2 trial will get underway in a month, but tere is another vaccine, called Epimmune HLA-2, that has been approved. Not everyone will qualify for it. Your blood can be checked to see if it has this gene. On some people a tumor antigen is present and triggered to fight the cancer. I hope I said that right. I will research it more. If anyone has heard of this, please share. Fay you may be one of those people whose body has this!

Cheryl

Thanks Katie, best of luck with your meeting with Dr. Numanaitis. What a great guy he is. He has twin boys, or so I am told. He is also an extreme outdoorsman, with a big sense of humor. He is pretty young to be where he is, and so intelligent. You can tell he is pationate about his work, and takes the time to spend with his patients. You would never take him for a doctor, because his demenor is down to earth and approachable. Most importantly, he hasn't lost ability to care about people. He will make you feel at ease Katie. He probably knows me, because of my trial CT2103, and I have pestered him about the upcoming trials-Ha!

I hope your meeting is productive. I am sure he will be impressed with the site and you! The statistics of how often this site is visited will impress him alone. Keep us posted on your meeting.

Cheryl

I had a great discussion with Dr. Nemunaitis this evening about your Community. He was really encouraged by your work and your members.

We would like to speak to you tomorrow to discuss ways the MCMRC can assist your members and promote your terrific forums.

Call us at your convenience tomorrow.

Thanks for your time today.

David Shanahan, Pres MCMRC

All this sounds so wonderful. I am so excited for this New trial. I'm also thrilled to hear that Dr. Nemunaitis is willing to take some time to join us here at LCSC. He sounds a lot like our Dr. Joe in the compassion department of being a doctor. That's just wonderful!

I also wish to offer a big Thank you to Mr. Shanahan, Pres MCMRC for also joining us here on LCSC. I hope we will be able to come together in the fight against Lung Cancer.

I also know Mr. Shanahan, that you have found two wonderful people in Katie and Rick Brown, that are so very dedicated and determind to bring Awareness and Fight for Lung Cancer Research and to help other Lung Cancer Patients and Caregivers in this fight for life journey.

I don't know where all of us would be without them and LCSC.

Sincerely,

Connie B.

Hey,

I wanted to share this address and phone number with you all. Ned Adams RN, is the coordinator of the trials. The adress is 3535 Worth Street* Suite 302 Collins Bldg Dallas, Tx. 75246. Phone number is (214) 370-1870. The e-mail address: ned.adams@usoncology.com. There are other sites, maybe closer to you. However, we do have patients fly in for the trials.

Cheryl