Anxiety Meds!! You were Right

mscyn4u

Hi All (((((((((((((((hugs to you all)))))))))) I am going to make this brief, this is my first night away from the hospital and I want to enjoy every bit of rest in my own bed. Thanks to all those that replied. They put Rob on Ativan and within 5 minutes he was in lala land, so much so that he stayed zonked out all day Thursday, he was having some really unusual hallucinations also. So they changed it to Zoloft and also prescribed Zanax, but he wont take the Zanax.

He does now admit he was anxious and he could not see it until now. He is back to his regular personality :!: However, we get a laugh in about all this when we can, today when I helped him get dressed he said "Boo" I look like the damn Michellin Tire man. He is really swollen. This is day 8 and the tubes are still draining, the surgeon ordered suction back on the tubes today. I am learning to come home to get rest when he is zonked out. I want you all to know your sharing is so important, this allows someone to see they are not the only one going through similiar situations.

One day I will be a support for someone as you all have been for me.

Take Care and Gold Bless you all :D

Glad to hear Rob is back to his old self and that you are wisely choosing to rest whenever possible! He is lucky to have such an understanding, supportive wife. Keep visiting the site. There is terrific support here from inspirational, strong people. This site is a blessing in and of itself...

So glad to hear that Rob is feeling more like himself. Those anti-anxiety meds sure can do a lot to bring us back to stability.

Rest is such an important thing for you both. It will help Rob to recover and recuperate faster and it will give you the strength and health you need to care for him. And laughter is the best medicine for you both as well. I can't count the number of times a good laugh has changed the perspective of an entire day for me.

I'm praying for continued improvement and a fast and pain-free recovery.

Hey, by sharing what you are dealing with and how you are handling it, and the results of what you are doing, you may very well be offering practical support to someone reading this. So don't discount what you are doing here. It's a form of giving.

I'm glad that the anti anxiety meds are working. Is he not taking the Zantax (sp?) because it makes him too sleepy? I've heard a few people say it just knocks them out. If that's the reason then perhaps his docs can come up with a less sedating alternative. Not sure if this is possible, but worth looking into.

Wishing you both peace, rest, and healing.

Fay A.

GLAD ROB AND YOU ARE GETTING SOME MUCH NEEDED REST. AS A CAREGIVER IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT WE TAKE CARE OF OURSELVES BECAUSE THAT IS ALL WE HAVE TO KEEP US GOING TO BE A CAREGIVER. IF I CAN GET MY 6 HRS SLEEP AT NIGHT, I CAN GO THE OTHER 18 WITH A BREEZE.....