CAN ANYONE HELP GOT BOIPSY RESULTS

ELLIE1

WELL THE DOC CALLED AND SAID HE HAS CANCER BUT THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT KIND HE SAID THEY HAD TO SEND A SAMPLE OF THE BIOPSY TO HERSHEY FOR MORE TESTING HE SAID MAYBE IT CAME FROM THE COLON CANCER AND SAID WHAT EVER IT IS WAS SPREADING SINCE IT IS IN BOTH LOBES ON THE LEFT SIDE ANYONE EVER HEARD OF THIS?STILL KNOW NOTHING.

Hi Ellie

I am so sorry that it was not better news for you.

I have heard of colon cancer spreading to other places. I think that it is called metastasis. I think that the pathologist puts the specimen under the microscope and can determine what the source of the cancer is. If the cancer is from the colon, then it would be called colon cancer, even though it may have spread to the lung. And just as lung cancer has a way of metastisizing to other areas, such as the bones or brain, it is still called lung cancer and not brain cancer or bone cancer.

Too bad it is the weekend and you have to wait. That is tough. I hope that you have family and close friends that you can lean on during this difficult time.

All the best to you.

Cindi o'h

Ellie,

I would just ditto what Cindi said. Once they get the pathology report and know the source of the cancer, they will be better able to formulate a plan of attack.

Stay calm and take lots of deep breaths. Watch something funny on TV, go shopping, go to movies, go visit friends or have some over. Do lots of things this weekend to keep your mind and body busy. It will help a lot.

Prayers,

Peggy

Hi Ellie,

Sorry for this news. The waiting is always un-nerving. I agree, just try to keep busy to make the time go by as best you can.

The day my doctor told me about cancer he said"this will be your worst day and now that we know, let's get busy and see what we are going to do about it. " It sounded pretty abrupt at the time, but shortly after I left his office it made sense and it changed my thought process to what to do instead of what it was.

You have definetley come to the best place for support and comfort when you need it.

Kate

HI, my husband has lung cancer (metastasized to the skull) and my mother has Stage IV colon cancer. Hers had spread to her liver. I have found out that certain cancers start in one organ, and then when they spread they seem to follow a pattern. Colon cancer seem to go to the liver, then to the lung - then to the brain. Has he had a PET Scan? that is a whole body scan, and if there is cancer elsewhere in the body, it will "light" up on the scan. if it is colon cancer and has spread to his lungs, I'd make sure the liver was checked as well, along with his brain.

If he does have colon cancer spread to the lungs, the information you find on this website may not be of much help because each kind of cancer is treated differently. but I know there is a colon cancer support group on www.yahoogroups.com. Here's a link to it: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/co ... r_support/

I hope this link works. Unfortunately, this colon cancer website isn't anywhere near as comprehensive/active as LCHelp is, but it's a start.

God Bless,

Karen C.