Calf Pain?

KarHart

My husband told me last night that he was having pain in his calfs, more in one than the other. Since he has not been active at all I don't think this is muscle strain. I have read about blood clots starting in the calfs, are there other symptoms to look for? Yesterday he threw up in the morning and at night. He went through 4 cycles of chemo and did not get sick once. Hopefully, it is just a bug, but I hope it doesn't keep him from having surgery next week. Tomorrow he goes to Moffitt for a pre-op check. He was taking an aspirin a day, but stopped when we found out he was going to have surgery. Does taking aspirin prevent blood clots?

Any suggestions or help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

Karen H

Karen,

It could be that your husband was a little dehydrated. When you are vomitting you lose your electrolytes. A lack of potassium can cause leg cramps at night. See if the simple solution would be to eat a banana. It always helps for my cramps.

Good luck with the upcoming tests and surgery.

TAnn

I just stopped by our house and he was gone. I couldn't figure it out till I saw one of our bikes missing! He actually rode the bike around the neighborhood. I was just blown away! I guess everything is fine, what a change from yesterday. He even smiled. He will see doctors tomorrow so he should get a good checkup then. Thanks everyone.