Lesion in Femur

bcbcbc

Onc just left a voice mail that the suspect spot on my L femur is indeed a small lesion.

I'm seeing him on Monday. He says it doesn't present any immediate risk. He is referring me to an orthopedic type to explore surgical options.

Don't like stewing on this all weekend. I need to find some amusing distraction... :twisted:

Hi bc,

I'm sorry to hear about the femur lesion. I know how scary it is when this happens.

My husband has femur lesions in both legs, as well as many other bones, but they aren't giving him any trouble. In fact, he's out cruising on his huge Kawasaki as I type. We're praying that Tarceva will keep all the lesions under control, and that he will be cruising again this time next year. I hope that you are able to be active as well.

Love,

Peggy

well doggonit anyway. No one likes to hear about a met they never heard of before.

distracting activity sounds good. What can you think of to occupy your brain? Are you good with your hands? Anything need cleaning up or mowing or nailing? Sounds as if you have just started treatment so you should still be feeling pretty good. How 'bout a movie or a walk or a game of tennis? A swim, a jog or some hiking? Golf, fishing or bird watching?

It is tough to keep from dwelling on the what if's.

Been there...done that, right gang??

Lot's more what if's on the horizon. One of those things that are our new normal that we have to get used to.

Cindi o'h

well doggonit anyway. No one likes to hear about a met they never heard of before.

distracting activity sounds good. What can you think of to occupy your brain? Are you good with your hands? Anything need cleaning up or mowing or nailing? Sounds as if you have just started treatment so you should still be feeling pretty good. How 'bout a movie or a walk or a game of tennis? A swim, a jog or some hiking? Golf, fishing or bird watching?

It is tough to keep from dwelling on the what if's.

Been there...done that, right gang??

Lot's more what if's on the horizon. One of those things that are our new normal that we have to get used to.

Cindi o'h

Hi BC,

I'm also very sorry to hear about the discovery of a femur lesion, but curious as to what test your oncologist did to diagnose the lesion?

My husband has been having some very bad, increasingly worse, pain in his shoulder/chest area just above the incision and area where his original lung tumor was removed last June and last week his oncologist was pretty blunt when he said he was very suspicious that Bill had a met to his rib cage. He sent him for a chest CT and a bone scan (having those tests later this morning) to see what is going on, but also said that these tests wouldn't be able to tell us conclusively if it is a bone met. What does tell conclusively? And why do these tests if they won't serve this purpose? Anyone have any more information? I know that there is just a wealth of information on the internet regarding this if I took the time to track it down, but I'm honestly beaten down so badly that I don't have the energy to sift thru it and filter out the "bad stuff" that I don't want to know/read to get my answers. Anyone care to share the "Cliffnotes" on bone mets?

Thanks,