Dead and Dying from Tobacco Addiction

Hebbie

Dead and Dying from Tobacco Addiction

The recent announcements of Peter Jennings' lung cancer and Johnny Carson's emphysema have brought renewed attention to the 400,000+ U.S. deaths caused each year by tobacco addiction. The following sad political satire/cartoon (below) by Michael Ramirez highlights the incredibly talented people who have been killed early by tobacco addiction. Many of them were paid by the tobacco cartel to promote smoking to a public who didn't even know their favorite stars were getting paid. For a complete list of such talented stars, visit the Tobacco Hall of Shame -- http://roswell.tobaccodocuments.org/hall_of_shame.htm

Alan Landers, a former Winston model (and lung cancer victim), is scheduled to appear Saturday, April 23 on Larry King Live.

To send a letter in support of clean indoor air where you live, go to www.smokefree.net/alerts.php

Oh my gosh, Heather!!!!!!!!!!! It is unbelievable!!! I even know LOTS of those people - well not the kings or anything - but lots of the others. I NEVER knew - only a couple. It IS a wall of shame!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to scream and I am MAD!! Gotta figure out what to do with all this BAD vibe stuff I am feeling now. Better think on that a bit.

Thanks for bringing that website to my attention!!

Kasey

Heather, it continues ! Just this weekend on a local station,the guy was reviewing new movies. He said he had to give a low rating to a movie that he liked because the leading character played by Amanda Peet smoked all through the movie, he thought it was not necesary for the character, it was a star that young girls look up too , and she was setting such a bad example. The movie was "A Lot Like Love". I have not seen it, but the tobacco industry was undoubtedly sponsoring its production, that's how they get to the kids since they can't "advertise" to them. Donna G