update on my mom

Heather M.

My mom finishes radiation on Friday and we are feeled with apprehension. I'm not sure what comes next and that scares me. Is there anything left to do if the radiation doesn't work? We are in the process of changing oncologists due to gross negligence (will explain later). We thank you so much for your prayers. On a brighter note, my husband and I will be celebrating our 8th anniversary on Sunday. Of course he has to work and we'll have to actually celebrate it on another day, our actual anniversary is Sunday. He is my best friend, my love, and my heart. I can't imagine going through all of this without him.

Congrats on the anniversary!!!

After radiation I believe they wait a while before they do scans because the radiation continues to work for a while after treatment ceases. So they probably won't be able to tell you much for a while. I can't remember how long they wait before they scan. I'm sure your new oncologist (hopefully you'll find one willing to go the distance) will then evaluate other treatment options if necessary.

Prayers out to your Mom....

Kitkathi