good news/bad news

wenna

Well.. good news for me and chemo.. next week will be my last treatment unless after a re-evaluation or re-staging I need more.

But... there is some not so good news. I started having chest pains and oncologist said he didn't think it had anything to do with the treatments they had been giving.. either the chemo or the radiation.. so he recommended I go back to my cardiac dr. I did, we did a nuclear stress test and that did not go well at all. Tomorrow morning I will have to go in and have another cardiac catherization. This will delay my rad treatments; at least tomorrow and if I have to stay.. I'm not sure how we'll do all this. I wouldn't be worried about it except I've already had two of these in the past year and a half that gave me trouble. The first one after I had it, I started to bleed at the site internally, known as a pseudo aneurysm and the other time I had the vein collapse and needed recontruction surgery done. I had a heart by-pass surgery back in december and the trouble now seems to be at the heart graft.

I know all this part isn't cancer related but it so affects my treatment regiment. This time, instead of going thru the leg.. they will insert the little camera deally into a vein in my arm. Not standard to say the least. Since my tumor is right under the breastplate (that they had to crack to do the surgery) I'm afraid the radiation treatments are causing some of the problems with the graft that they did.

I guess I am just nervous because these are things that happened to my mother right before she passed away. It got to the point her tumor grew up and around her heart and lungs and she also had congestive heart disease and they couldn't do anything for her heart and couldn't operate on the cancer because of the heart problems. It's a mess.

I really need some prayers now. Bless you all because you've all been so good to listen to my rants and questions. I thank you for letting me write all this out now.

wenna

Thank you all so much for the prayers. Things did not go as planned today. My veins weren't in good shape so they couldn't do the procedure even tho they tried for like an hour to get the line in. So... now my cardiac dr. says he thinks it best to wait on doing that, gave me two blood thinners and some nitro. If this can keep the chest pain and the blood flowing until after the radiation treatments are done, then we'll see where we are then. He thinks MAYBE the radiation treatments might be scarring where the heart graft is and making that area have scar tissue or something that is making it difficult for the blood to pump good. Monday they will be giving me a sonagram to check and see what's up with the vessels in my arms and why they are blocked and look again at maybe doing this thru the right groin next time. But, since I'm going thru too much already, he thinks my body could do with a little less invasive procedures right now.. I hardly agree! LOL

I really really appreciate all the support and prayers here! Thank you everyone!!!!

wenna

Hang in there tough. The Lord only knows why things seem to "pile on". We will be praying for you. We are looking forward to hear some good news!