bone met symptoms

christymike

As most of you know we are waiting the results of my dads testing to see if the cancer has spread but that wont be until the 12th so im a little impatient. What i was wondering was what is the symptoms of bone mets? My dad has pains in his back its a spot on his 3rd lumbar vertebrea... but it only hurts when he coughs. does the bone hurt all the time when you have cancer mets? I just want to know NOW whats goin on ya know? all your help is greatly appreciated

My moms hurt all of the time in her rib and shoulder. Later she started having pain in her hip. That's all I can tell you.

One more thing...... Using the wise words from Don "Don't borrow trouble, wait until it comes knocking at your door". It's hard I know but all we have right now is the present.

Hugs, Shelly

Now don't get too excited too soon. Alot of things can cause pain. Bill has a pain in his calf which we suspected was a met and they have done all the tests to find nothing there. Bloodwork showed everything normal - sodium, potassium, etc. So until we know more his painkillers are helping and we can't get too excited.

Blessings to you,

Peg

Christy, some bone mets hurt and others don't. If they hurt, they are usually constant. Lucie had bone mets on her upper spine, left pelvis and right sacrum that hurt a lot. She also had mets in her skull, a rib and the right tibia that did not hurt. The three that hurt a lot were irradiated and the right tibia was also irradiated because it was threatening the integrity of the bone. Don