Every day is Thanksgiving

lilyjohn

I have bad days and good days. But there is never a day that goes by that I don't thank God for what I have.

In this day and age when there is so much controversy and everyone wants to take God out of our lives I find myself turning to Him more and more in appreciation. How can anyone live in this world and deny that there is a God and that we have much to be thankful for?

We are all blessed with family and friends, some more than others. Each day the sun rises is a blessing. Every child that is born is a miracle. Could any of us have thought of something as complex as the human body?

With all the pain and disasters in this world there are still many positives. Those who lost their homes and loved ones in the huricanes have to be thankful that they still have their lives. The disasters brought the good out in a lot of people that had forgotten how to be compassionate.

The seasons change and remind us that everything has it's time. Spring is the time for new beginings and winter is a time for those things that will begin anew to rest up and gain the extra strength they will need to start new in the Spring.

How much would we appreciate the blue sky if we never saw anything else? How much would we appreciate joy if we had never known sadness or pain?

Look around you and you can see God in everything. Sometimes we don't understand His reasoning but He does have a reason for everything, a reason that we could not possibly understand.

So each day is Thanksgiving to me. I thank Him for my life and my loves. I have a great pain and sorrow that I live with but I would never have wanted to not know the gift of a love that brought me so much joy. So I thank my God even for the pain.

Just as I know that Spring will come again and that the flowers will bloome and the days will get longer I know that someday I will be with all of the people I love. I know when that day comes I will understand why the things that have happened in this life did. In that beautiful place there will be no more pain or sadness. There will be no cancer and no seperations. There will be no bounderies that seperate us from those we love either physical boundries or emotional ones.

So this Thanksgiving I will say one extra prayer that everyone will someday find that place of peace that God has waiting for us as our reward for the life we have endured here. I will also pray that more people will realize that no matter how bad things get there is still much to be thankful for.

May all of you have a great week and find something very special to be thankful for. They are all around us. Sometimes we just get so caught up in the bad things that we forget to look for the good.

God bless everyone and may you all find peace.

Lillian

Lillian...thanks so much for this beautiful post! I am so glad that you are able to see all that you have been blessed with. Although this is such a sorrowful time for both of us, I also have a lot to be thankful for.