Sacramento, California Support Group

natalie

As some of you know, after my mom passed, I started getting involved on a local level with www.ramosfoundation.org. The Ramos Foundation just merged with another local group called "LEGACY Lung Cancer Support Group". LEGACY provides emotional and moral support for families and caregivers here in the Sacramento area. LEGACY was founded by a wonderful woman, Carol. Carol is currently battling lung cancer, and when diagnosed last year, she could not find any local support groups designated toward lung cancer. As vigilant as she is, she decided to start a local support group on her own. It is almost exactly a year ago since LEGACY's inception and they now have approximately 50 people that meet two times a week. During their meetings, special guest speakers are invited to give presentations on such matters as diet, Social Security, financial assistance, clinical trials, and more. The sessions are co-facilitated by a licenses clinical social worker who is also available for individual consultation. The meetings take place the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month from 10:30am - 12 noon at the UC Davis Cancer Center, 4501 X Street, Sacramento. LEGACY also offers phone support by calling 877-803-0544 x 702. Legacy will also assist anyone wanting to establish a support group in their area.

I told Carol about this website the other day and hoping that she introduces herself. She is one courageous, upbeat, creative and motivated individual. Her husband is equally as great.

Hi Natalie,

Good to see you posting again. I have truly missed you. Thank you for sharing this information..

I have been wanting to start a local support group hre in my little town. This can be a goal for me this year...

Need to get through the brain testing and possible necrosis. Should be good to go by first part of March. Will need some pointers on how to start a group... :)

Thanks,

God Bless, prayers and hugs,

Karen

Hi Karen! I've been checking in now and again, its just so hard to keep up with the posts...there are so many. I'm so sorry to hear that you have to go through brain scans and tests. I will definitely keep you in my thoughts.

Do you play golf? There is a member of my group here in Sacramento that is bringing a golf tournament to the Pasadena area. Is that close to Corona? He just secured a date. It will be on a Monday in September. When I get the exact date I will post it for the So Cal people. My husband and I are going to try to go out there. ...and yes, Andrea S...you are already on my volunteer list for this event in Southern California...bet you didn't know that! ha!ha!