More brain met's than they can count

Judy369

I got my test results back on the 21st and they were not good.My lung is still clear but the brain went from one small lesion to more than they can count.They stopped counting at 25.They are all small less than a cm but I have had whole brain radation and can not have it again.The Dr.said all I could do was try TEMIDAR to see if it would slow it down some He doesn't give me much time a few months.Does any one have any information on this drug or this many lesions.Sclc grows so fast and right now I am Ok.I still think pretty good and there is no spread to any other part of my body.My blood count is good but will drop again with this new chemo.Thanks for any information.

Judy, sorry to hear that things aren't going well right now. I don't have any information on this particular drug but I'm sure that someone here will be able to help you. I will be remembering you in my prayers.

Judy,

First off, I am sorry you don't have better news...

A friend of my Dads was given Temodar for brain cancer (not a met)... he began taking it about 14 months ago....the onc gave him very little hope of living past 6 weeks... and he is still alive and kicking and still taking the temodar.... I wish you the same success.... Many prayers

Thanks to all of you for responding.Sharron the Dr's told me this drug was used for brain tumors but it would cross the blood bairrer to the brain and might slow down the growth.Your post gives me more hope than the Dr's and I have to depend on God no medicine will work if he doesn't want it to. Thank You Judy