What are some good books for family of cancer patients?

Keith

I would very much like to help the people around me as I go through this cancer process. I watch them struggle with it on a daily basis.

Any input on books/web sites or other sources that speak to how the family of cancer patients can better cope and manage through the entirety of the process would be greatly appreciated.

Keith

Books:

LOVE, MEDICINE, & MIRACLES - Bernie S. Siegel, MD, (Harper & Row)

Dave Pelzner also has authored many books on how to deal with crisis.

100 QUESTIONS & ANSWERS ABOUT LUNG CANCER - Karen Parles, MLS, and Joan H. Schiller, MD (Can be obtained through ALCASE at http://www.alcase.org)

One othe book I can recommend is FINAL GIFTS, unfortunately I do not have the authors of this book.

There are many, many more books out there on cancer, some specific for lung cancer. Visit you local librarary or book store.

The absolutely BEST motivation book is THE CANCER CONQUEROR by GREG ANDERSON.. He has several others out,too. This one is a true story. Uplifting and inspiring. It may be a little harder to find. I found one at Barnes and Noble.

The author of Final Gifts is Maggie Callanan and Patricia Kelley.

http://www.plwc.org www.cancercure.org www.healthboards.com

Actually, you are reading the best and most informative board and support group I have come across. You can do a search on google,and come up with many others. But, this is where you will find love,support,information,education......and prayers given to all! There are even praises given on other boards about this board.

Ok, just want to get my 2 cents in here! :)

As others have said, the Bernie Siegel books are great. Someone gave them to us as a box set of tapes (3 books). It was great, we listened to them in the car on the way to treatments, etc. They are wonderful on tape because he is so calming and reassuring to listen to.

All the best to you.