What next?

flabet

I am very new to this board, but am hoping for answers to many questions. My husband has had 4 cycles of Carboplatin and Vincristine. We get the results of his CT scan tomorrow and I am very nervous as is he. He has had a clean brain scan and a clean bone scan a month ago, but now is complaining of stomach pain and feeling achy all over. He has liver metastasis and up until this last couple of weeks his oncologist had felt the liver was responding very well. I'm afraid the news will not be so good this time. What next? Anyone out there with good stories?

Flabet,

What is next???????

That is a question we all would love to have answered. It would be so great to wake up tomorrow morning and pick up the morning paper and see the headlines reading "scientists finds cure for lung cancer" or better yet "scientists finds cure for all cancers". Right now that is not happening but it will someday in the future. Hopefully the chemo your husband and mine are taking will put their cancers in remission. I pray every night for this to work as I am sure you and everyone else on this board does too.

I can only go day by day as I have said many times in the past. If my Buddy is feeling okay we have a great day, if not, we wait another 24 hours and hope again..... I don't want to see the future right now.....only today.....

Hi Flabet,

I, too, have liver involvement. When I was going through chemo, every joint in my body ached and, in fact, for some times of the cycles I took pain medication. Chemo (not to mention stress) can cause upsets throughout the body. I know it's hard, but try one step at a time and do your best to not anticipate bad news. Whatever the news, you'll just take the next step. We all hope and pray that it is good news. Keep us informed.

Peace,

Margaret

Thanks to all of you for your support. We found out today that hubby has a staph infection which may be the reason he is feeling so poorly. I guess we'll know more after consult with onco tomorrow. I have learned that I need to take it a day at a time and all is in God's hands. Praying for good news in the morning.