Put out the cat...

Snowflake

You don't have to own a cat or be owned by one to

appreciate this...

A couple was dressed and ready to go out for the evening. They turned on a night light, turned the answering machine on the phone line, covered their pet parakeet and put the cat in the backyard.

They phoned the local cab company and requested a taxi. The taxi arrived and the couple opened the front door to leave their house. The cat they had put out into the yard scoots back into the house.

They don't want the cat shut in the house because "she" always tries to eat the bird. The wife goes out to the taxi while the husband goes inside to get the cat. The cat runs upstairs, the man in hot pursuit.

The wife doesn't want the driver to know the house will be empty. She explains to the taxi driver that her husband will be out soon. "He's just going upstairs to say goodbye to my mother."

A few minutes later, the husband gets into the cab. "Sorry I took so long," he says, as they drive away. "Stupid witch was hiding under the bed. Had to poke her with a coat hanger to get her to come out! Then I had to wrap her in a blanket to keep her from scratching me. But it worked. I

hauled her fat butt downstairs and threw her out into the back yard!"

The cabdriver hit a parked car... 8)

Snowflake,

I always appreciate your responses. I have a cat, who frankly rules this house (in accorcance with the lab). Finally I've surrended. Our floors are scratched, our stuff is covered in fur, our world is dictated by being at hone to let them out. BUT, when our dog climbs into bed every morning to wake our boy up and to lick him..... My son says that Flether (the dog) is his brother (my son is 8, step family, step dad's dog), I don't question.

Thank you god for giving us hot breath, a nosy nose, a long tongue, a passion for trash, an animosity for the kitty, and a demanding desire to be loved! It's all worth it!

Daughter of Judy,

I happen to be a "dog person" myself. My girl is SOOOO spoiled that my dad refers to her as "one of the grandkids - the furry one". When my son spends time with his grandparents, the dog goes too! (In fact, I hear about it if she DOESN'T make it up to their house...)

I am amazed every day at this dog, we rescued her from the pound and I find it so hard to believe that someone just threw her away! She's such a sweetie...she drools, she sheds, and she LOVES so enthusiastically...wouldn't trade it for a coat without dog hair on it! LOL

Becky

(Daisy's "mom")

My wife and I are dog lovers too. We have a chiauhua (sp) and he's a riot. He's still a puppy, 8 months old. We rescued him from a family who was moving and they couldn't have pets in their new apartment. He has 3 toys, which came with him, a ball, a little spotted stuffed dog, and a floppy ear dog. He plays with these toys constantly and he is fun to watch and play with. He likes to play tug o' war with the floppy dog, and he growls while he is doing this. He's a small dog with the heart and bark of a german shepherd. We wouldn't trade him for anything.

Shortly before my mom got challenged, her kitty of 17 years died. The woman is crazy when it comes to cats. Own bed, fresh chicken every night, just a freak show. So, when the cat died, she had a little more freedom. She was miserable. She said that she would only get 2 cat because she didn't want them to get lonely. My husband, son, and I went down to our cat hospital and adopted 2 kitties. Normally you would have to pay, but because they had been there so long, we got them for free (made a donation just out of gratitude).

One cat had his leg reconstructed. He was hit by a car when he was about 1 and the owners didn't want to pay. The hospital couldn't let it go, so it was "instructional". His name is Pharoah. The other cat was feral (sp?) but just a little lover. When we got there with the kennels, Pharoah hopped right in. He was like, "hey, I'm going home with you." The other cat, just flopped in my lap and was like, "Somebody love me." Needless to say, they have been such a blessing.

Our friends and family have been angry with us for introducing more work to here (2 cats, not 1). All I can say is that someone is there to love her. And she does love her boys. They do wreck the house. They're crazy! They're just like 2 little toddlers-- all rough and tumble. It certainly has been worth it.

Our friends and family have been angry with us for introducing more work to here (2 cats, not 1). All I can say is that someone is there to love her. And she does love her boys. They do wreck the house. They're crazy! They're just like 2 little toddlers-- all rough and tumble. It certainly has been worth it.

Isn't it odd how everyone has an opinion on what's "work"? All loving relationships take work, BUT feeding kitties gives her a reason to "be" ~ her boys NEED her. How wonderful that she now has two...although it sounds like they have HER! :wink: Playin' with the strings of her heart...