Back Home Again

Just a quick update for anyone who is interested: I had started this as a happy update because we have been enjoying each other so much since he has been out of the hosptial and feeling better but he is back at his unpleasantness this afternoon so, never mind! Next Monday we have a restaging CT scan and then chemo starts again. It is amazing how a couple wonderful days can so quickly be erased when the screaming starts. :(

Hopefully we can make the best out of the holidays which seem to be less than joyous right this second!

We had a friend of a friend diagnosed with another type of the evil cancer recently and I have been trying to help her get situated too. Often I wonder why the saying "You do not get more than you can take" is too often used when it is so obviously untrue...??? :?

Don't worry about WHEN you post. We want to hear from you no matter how things are.

And from the sounds of things you have had some more "uppish" type days. I'm sorry that there was more screaming today.... but I hope that the more 'up' days will be a forming trend.

I totally hear you on the, 'we never get more than we can handle.' Sometimes it all seems like too much.

But we're here to help you carry the load.

Hang in there.

Val

I understand! I, too, was hoping that things were going okay for you - please keep us posted, and remember that we don't need to hear only good things...not at all, for my part. You have a huge plateful going right now, and it's obvious that you are strong enough to deal with it. I know that it won't feel like that to you at all times - try to keep us up to date regardless! My thoughts are with you:)

We are just glad to see you post.. I know I think about the folks here and wonder how they are doing, test results etc. WE CARE. Post with the good, the bad and also the inbetween.

I'm sorry your having some trouble again. Take some time for yourself and take each day as it comes. I know that it's tough but try to find some joy in the holidays. I know it's hard to do. I haven't been finding any joy in anything at all lately myself. So believe me I'm just trying to make it through the month.

Prayers for the CT scan and also for the chemo. Those chemo days can be so difficult.

Keep us posted. tami