Let's All Make Cookies .....

Ann

I was watching Paula Deen over the weekend and found a way to make really easy cookies that taste like you made them from scratch. I thought I'd share with the "recipe" with you and then we could let each other know what we used for fillings. This is so easy!!!

1 roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough

Chocolate Covered Mint Cookies - I used Grasshoppers by Keebler

1 egg, beaten

Chopped pecans

Cut slices of cookie dough very thin...about 1/4"

Lay slices on a cookie sheet but don't get too close together as these cookies will really spread out. Put one chocolate mint cookie on top of a slice of cookie dough. Cover cookie with another slice of dough. Then, brush top slice of dough with a little of the beaten egg and add pecans. Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes. Time may vary, so just start checking for browness at the 10 minute mark.

The neat thing about these cookies is that you can put about anything in the center instead of the chocolate cookie. Paula suggested using minature candy bars. I think I'm going to make some with the minature Almond Joy bars....yum! These are so delicious. People will think you slaved for hours in the kitchen!!!

If anyone makes these, let us know what you used to fill your cookies with so we can try it.

Kasey...I think the fun size bar would probably be better than the minature. These cookies really spread out and make big cookies. When I used a minature bar, the center filling was very small, so I think the next size up would be better.

I made some last night and brought to work with me today. I filled some with Reeses peanut butter cups and some with Almond Joy cookies. Yum....

I bought some M&M's but ran out of energy before I got them made. I'm also thinking about trying some with the Hershey's cherry chocolate kisses, as that is now my favorite candy.

Okay, Ann. I am still dealing with this hole in the ceiling and trying to shop, wrap, and finish up decorating. BUT......because you ask so NICELY, I will do my best to fit some cookie making into this schedule. Not sure what I'll use........something dark chocolate since that is my very favorite. Just don't hold your breath waiting for my results :? !

:lol: ,

Kasey

Kasey...Fred will adore you even more than he already does if you make him a nice plate of these cookies...lol! When they're warm and just out of the oven, the center is all gooey and delicious! One roll of dough makes about 15 cookies, so you can make a variety, with all different centers. They literally take just minutes to make!!!