Tarceva

marym

Hi,

I have been on Tarceva for about 6 weeks. I have minimal side effects, except for my finger nails. I seem to bleed quite easily at the sides of my nails and one nail is infected. (I see the doctor Tuesday).

I have been trying to protect my hands - but it's difficult. Rubber gloves are fine when using water, but I need protection all day. I plan to look for some thin gloves that I can wear without being unable to use my hands.

Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do about it?

Thanks.

Mary

Lisa has a continuing ingrown like toenail side effect on both big toes. It's a known side effect from Tarceva. She also had the same thing on on or two finger nails but only for a short while. You seem to have the same problem on your fingers as she has on her toes.

Clindamycin Phosphate Topical Solution 1% had been prescribed for her facial rash and she used it on her toes and it helps keep the problem in check.

Clindamycin is an antibacterial solution used in the treatment of acne vulgaris.

Don't know if this will work on fingers but she also soaked her feet in a bath of Epsom Salt regularly.

She used Hydrogen Pyroxide to prevent infection and pushed the skin away from the nail with a Q-Tip.

She just used a soft bandaid to cover it.

Hope this helps.

Antibiotics of the tetracycline family (doxycycline, minocycline) by mouth are an effective therapy for rashes and nail tenderness, usually administered for two to four weeks.

These cleared my Tarceva Fingers up rapidly. But am no longer on them , so my fingers are bleeding on the keyboard as I type. :)

This is a good link for EGFR side effects.

http://www.plwc.org/portal/site/PLWC/me ... 730ad1RCRD