Book: Motherless Daughter

rmm17

Has anyone read the book Motherless Daughters? I am considering buying it. I really need someething to read that my help me deal with everything. It may take me awhile to actually be able to read it without breaking down, but i would like to have something when that time comes. Any other book suggestion?

Yes I have read the book Motherless Daughters and it did provide me with some comfort. It is nicely written. The same lady has also written a book called Motherless Mothers. I seem to always be looking in libraries and bookstores for books on the topic of grief and motherloss, as though somewhere in the book there will be a cure for my grief.

Jana

xx

Yes, I read this book. It was a very good read, and seemed to be directed at women of your age group more than mine, or at least women who had experienced their loss earlier in their lives. But do read it.

I recently read a book called "The Empty Chair" or something like that. It's a real short paperback. It helps explain how to get through the holidays and anniversaries as they come up. I borrowed it from my brother; I can get more info later.

Rochelle,

I've been thinking of this book a lot lately with the recent losses on this board. My sister-in-law gave me a copy several years ago, but I could never even bring myself to crack it open. I know she truly meant well, but the title was so emotionally jarring to me that I have never read the book.

I've always wondered if it would be helpful to others to mention the book. Glad you found it and brought it up, but I can't tell you if it is any good! I was the youngest in a family of seven, the only girl, and lost my Mom three days after her 61st birthday when I was 27. I know these weren't the same circumstances as you are experiencing, but the loss was profound. I always remembered that my mother said, "In life, when you get thrown off the horse, you have to just get back on that saddle because life goes on." This was how she was able to get through the loss of one of my brothers.

I think about you often and hope you and your brothers are doing well. I think you are doing very well and your Mom would be proud.

Warm regards and hugs,

Welthy