Big Red Lightbulb.....

Fay A.

No photo yet, folks.... I developed something like cellulitis all over my scalp, and not only is it painful, it makes me look like a red lightbulb. I've used antibiotic cream, straight alchohol (topical, not the drinking stuff!), and nothing seems to be working. I've been to the doc twice about this.

I am open to any suggestions you folks may have on how I can clear this up. All joking aside....HELP!!!

Fay A.

Hi Faith,

Sorry that you are experencing this. Yo said it was painful. Does it itch? If so, what about natural remedies such as.....cornstarch, or vasoline. Do you think your scalp is extra sensitive to soap because of he chemo? Mine got scaley when I lost my hair. My sister went to Whole foods and bought me this special shampoo called OLiva, with Olive Oil and Aloe. Good Luck!

Cheryl

Fay,

I am a great fan of CUREL. I think it can work wonders. I had a similar problem with my skin and used a prescription med for it off and on for about 2 years, but it didn't really stop the problem. Buddy had a big bottle of Curel in his bathroom and one day I thought I would try that. Bingo! it worked.....Curel and I are now great friends when in need.....

Fay,

That sounds like a allergic reaction to the taxotere. My mom is taking taxotere and the doc told her that she may develop a skin rash. You may try oral Benadryl over the counter to ease the pain and itching and try a cortizone cream on the rash locally. I hope this helps.

Take care!!

Susan M.

Fay,

When I had the HORRIBILE Iressa rash, I used Neosporin on my face - the one with the numbing agent. It was about the only way I could get to sleep... You may need to talk to a dermatologist about it or your general practitioner (my GP gives me far more useful info than my oncologist). She gave me a prescription liquid to put on my scalp where it was burning.

Hope you get that red light out before people start crooning "Roxanne" to you.... Put out the red light...

Becky