My Mother Lung Cancer NSCLC Stage 1B reoccurence to Stage 3

My mother was diagnosed with NSCLC in June 2002 at 59 years oid. She never smoked a cigarette in her life. A chest x-ray showed a mass. A C.T Scan of the chest was done immediately after, and the results where sent to a Surgeon. A biopsy thereafter, confirmed the diagnosis. It was NSCLC stage 1B Upper Right Lobe. It was diagnosed at a very early stage, therefore, surgery was performed in August 2002. The upper right lobe was surgically removed. No further treatments were recommended. She was being followed every 3 months, and then 6 months by her surgeon. However, the unbelievable and most heartbreaking diagnosis came in October 2006, a C.T. scan revealed many innumerable multiple lung nodules. Both lungs. A Biopsy in January 2007 confirmed a reoccurence of the primary cancer. It came back stage 3 or 4. What an ugly disease. She then was referred to an oncologist. Chemo commenced in February 2007. Carboplatin and Taxol. She is tolerating the chemo well. She has completed 3 treatments. Oncologist recommends 4 to 6 treatments. Is there any one out there who has multiple lung nodules. I would appreciate hearing about your treatment and your outcome. I am trying to educate and inform myself as much as possible, so I can keep my mother informed and help her out as much as possible.

So Sorry you have to be here with us. Can not offer too much advice but can offer lots of advice and prayers FOr you and Mom. There are many here who are in similiar situations as your Mom's. Carbo/Tax is a good combo to start with and there are many more oujt there. Do not feel as though this is the end of the line or anything. It is not at all. Click on Profile at the top oof the page to start a complete medical profile that you will not have to rewrite every time you post. THis profile can contain all the info of Moms Treatment Programs. Sending Prayers for good news, and a bump up the list to the top for Ya!! :) Hang in there, we are always here.

Saying prayers that the carbo/taxol combo takes care of the nodules for your mom!!

My mom had wonderful results with the carbo/taxol combo...her primary has been gone for most of the last year or more. (She's just dealing with stubborn brain mets)

I'm not sure about how it's worked with the multiple nodules...someone will come along, I'm sure, who can tell you more.

Best of luck...and welcome!

Sorry to hear about your mom. Have had multiple nodules in both lungs since day one. I have had very good success with many different (see my profile) chemos and doing well overall all things considered. There are many options available for your mom. Try not to get discouraged, I know it is hard. Hope this helps, prayers for the best.