Lump on neck

laban

Hello All,

Bill has a lump on his neck. It's not where a lymph node might be, it's on the side of his neck below his ear, sort of. It's palpable and I have no idea what to think of it. Tomorrow we see the Onc so hopefully he'll have some insight. In all I've read, I don't see what that might have to do with sclc, but who knows. Any little new thing automatically worries me. Just thought I'd see if anyone else with sclc developed a lump.

Laurie

I actually get cysts behind my ear that are either directly behind it or down some and they are hard when touched, no head on them and they can be tender not always but I usually just use a warm cloth and do that about 10 minutes about 3 times a day and it shrinks then goes away. My moms would get so bad that they would need to be drained so hopefully that is all it is. Prayers for good news tomorrow

Heidi

Thanks for your responses and good wishes.

Went to the Onc today. He felt the lump and said "lymph node", CT Neck. Bill also will be getting a CT chest, abdomen and pelvis this week. No chemo this week so hopefully time to recover from low blood counts. So it's another wait and see week. I have a feeling but I am going to stay positive. I hate SCLC.

Laurie

Ger got swollen lymph nodes a couple of times - I mean the cancer was already in his lymph but sometimes lumps would appear more prominently and the chemo would bring them back down again. Sometimes his whole neck would swell up and then we knew it was time for chemo. You are right - I hate nsclc, sclc and lcnec....they all are mean brutal beasts. Heather

Hi Laurie,

My hubby did get lumps on his neck as well as down his side and in his shoulder area too. They would just show up randomly and would stay for indefinite periods of time. The oncologist did not test them specifically. This happened semi frequently actually and always was a concern to us as well.

Sending you thoughts of hope and peace during this time.

Flowergirlie