Tim's Obit- wanted to share

Tim'sKathy

Timothy A. Jewell, 54

WORCESTER- Timothy A. Jewell, 54 of Worcester formerly of Northboro and Framingham died Sun. Oct. 12th in his home after a long battle with lung cancer. Tim is survived by his wife of 16 years Kathleen A. (Proctor) Jewell, his sons Anthony of Ashland and Benjamin of Lowell; his mother, Margaret (McCabe) Jewell in Lawrence; his sisters, Suzanne Burns of Natick, Mariellen West of Marlboro and Andrea Acosta of Lawrence; brothers, John Jewell in Holliston and Robert Healey in Framingham; his two grandchildren, Tyler and Madison, who will miss him greatly; his mother-in-law Anna Proctor in Methuen; nieces and nephews. A brother, Steven Jewell predeceased him. Tim was born in Framingham; his father was the late Raymond Jewell. He graduated from Framingham North High School and served two tours of duty with the U.S. Navy in Vietnam. Prior to his illness Tim worked as a technician at Wind River Environmental in Hudson and was once a long time employee-tending bar at the Marlboro Holiday Inn. Tim loved baseball and played for the Holiday Inn Team "The Classics" as a pitcher in the Marlboro Men's Softball League and for PJ's Pub in the Worcester League. Throughout his illness, Tim was more concerned with the comfort of others that were fighting cancer more than he was about himself. A Memorial Service will be held Sunday Oct. 19th at 2 pm in the Mercadante Funeral Home & Chapel, 370 Plantation St. Burial of ashes will be at the convenience of the family. Friends and family may call from 1 to 2 pm Sunday Oct. 19th. In keeping with Tim's wishes, Memorial donations in his memory may be made to improve the family waiting area on the Oncology floor at Umass Memorial medical center, South 5, at Umass Memorial Foundation, P.O. Box 2795, Worcester 01613.

This is what was in todays Worcester paper....

Kathy

What a beautiful obituary! I think Tim's concern for others is remarkable. I think it is wonderful that he was so concerned that others dealing with this disease be comfortable. You remain in my thoughts and prayers!

Kathy,

What a dear man your husband was, caring so much for others though he was hurting as well. I will keep you and all his loved ones in prayers of comfort this week.

I ran across this poem this week and thought I would share.

And if I go while you're still here...

Know that I still live on,

Vibrating to a different measure

behind a thin veil you cannot see through.

You will not see me, so you must have faith.

I wait the time when we can soar together again,

both aware of each other.

Until then, live your life to the fullest.

And when you need me,

just whisper my name in your heart,

...I will be there.

-Collen Hitchcock

God bless~

Karen M.

In loving memory of

Father-in-law Salvador Castillo Marez

(SCLC) Nov. 16-1946 ~ Aug. 13, 2003

P.S. You may want to check into hospice counseling care at some point. I have been told by many folks that it was very helpful as they were going through the first year of their loss, and my family is now looking into it.