I am scared for my sister

SherryNeedsToLaugh

Hi all,

Ok so I am sitting here crying because my sister just left. She told me that she might have breast cancer. This really can't be happening. We wont know for sure until the 7th when she goes back to the doctor. She says she found the lump a couple of weeks ago. It is the size of a golf ball and getting bigger. She said the mammogram showed another lump on the other side around her arm pit. I know that this is not good.

I am to upset to talk to any family because they will not tell me anything again if they know I am upset. That is crazy but how my family is.

Sherry

I'm praying everything is okay with your sister. I don't understand why families behave they way the do sometimes. I have heard to same thing from my mom, "I'm not going to tell you anything else if this how upset you are going to get." I don't know what they expect from us. I think it speaks of how deeply we care. Hang in ther and try to stay positive. God Bless!

Thank you all for the support. Of course I did NOT sit around all day and worry. I did some searching on the net and found something that said 80% of lumps found turn out to be nothing. That is such a relief. Way better odds then if they had found something in her lungs. The risk for lung cancer is great in my family as there have been way to many cases of it, not counting all the other kinds of cancer. When you come from a very large family that makes the odds even greater I suspect of there being more cancer.

Sherry