Started chemo...going well!

HI everyone, I've just spent the morning reading may posts. I haven't been on in a while. Basically ever since Mom started chemo. She's had 2 weeks of chemo. Had Carbo / Gemzar combo the 1st week and just gemzar the 2nd week. Her blood counts were fine. Red blood cells were a touch low but not too low for chemo. In between chemo treatments we've been going up to our summer cabin on the American river near Tahoe. Mom has LOVED being on the river, reading & playing with my girls. What better place to recover from chemo than outdoors. =) We only came home for her blood work appointment tomorrow. No chemo this week since she has the 3rd week off in her cycles. I've been trying to cook for her & make healthy foods that will keep her red blood cells up. I've been reading a great Cancer fighting cookbook that I borrowed from the library. My mom's sisters have taken recipes from it as well and have cooked meals for Mom. Hopefully my picture comes through on my profile this time...this was taken last weekend at the cabin. Mom having fun with my 2 girls. =) My thoughts and prayers are with everyone here on this site and their loved ones. It's amazing how even though we've never met, I think about many of you when I'm away. =)