Thankful

I am very thankful for this website. My Mom was diagnosed with extensive sclc met. to liver late June. I came across this site and have checked it out every since. So happy to know that there are survivors of this evil disease...I refuse to let go of my Mom, she is my bestfriend and I love Her dearly! She is going through her 2nd round of chemo now. The 1st one she did really well, this one seems to be a little rough on the edges. She's having pain in the front and back of her body off and on. Other than that feeling zapped which is to be expected. I live 1.5 hours away and have to work. My father is with her, which is good, just wish I could be there all the time, I do when I can. Trying to find financial help for them, Medicaid, Medicare, QMB....anything. Any recommendations out there you all know of? For the most part we are working with the Govt. to get things rolling---not as fast as I'd like. Thank you for sharing your stories. I pray that everyone devastated by this will heal Godspeed and that the geniuses rise up and find a cure FAST! I thank God everyday for healing my Mom...every fiber in my body believes She will heal....I refuse to believe otherwise and wish those around me would believe the same. 8)

I am very sorry to hear about your dear mother. You will find wonderful information and support here. Could I please ask you to give us some helpful information, such as what state you live in so we can better help you. Do your parents have any insurance. The more information we have the better we can offer help to you.

I also want to suggest filling out your PROFILE. You will see at the top of the page it says "MY PROFILE" Click on it and fill out the informtion and it will show up at the bottom of your posts as mine does if you look below at my signature. This will allow us to see what your mother has done so far in the treatment area, and what kind of lc she has, etc., etc., because with all the wonderful people on this board we can't always remember who has what, when and where. :roll::wink:

Best wishes.

Mom works for LISD and currently has BCBS insurance. She will not be able to return to work when school starts back up. I am not sure if they will cover her...am thinking about trying to continue coverage via COBRA (?)....Will get her card next time I see her and truck that road, see where we end up. ACS may be able to help with the payments when the insurance is kept. Am I making sense?

I am so sorry to read about your mom. What a terrible thing cancer is...but is is beatable.

My dad had small cell (now in remission 1 year!) and he was over 65 so on medicare. They also had blue-cross-blue-shield supplemental or gap insurance, and they have finally settled everything with Mayo for the diagnosis, chemo treatments, radiation, and a heart problem my dad had along the way...the total out of my folk's pocket was $86. Yes, you read that right...eighty-six dollars! Can you believe it...what a blessing.

Please know we are here for you. Stay strong!

Jen

"ReadyforMomtoHeal"] Am I making sense?
Yep, all info is helpful. :wink: Your mother being extensive staged should apply for SSD, Social Security Disability.

I'm no insurance expert, but I think once a person loses there primary insurance they should qaulify for CORBA. Someone will come along and correct me if I'm wrong. :oops: We have alot of wonderful people here that are up on this insurance stuff.

http://www.patientadvocate.org/

The patient Advocate foundation is also an excellent source of info and assistance. Just click on the link to be redirected to their site. oh and Welcome aboard. General chats are tuesdays at 8 pm eastern time.

Hello,

I am so sorry to hear the news of your Mom. Glad to hear Dad is there and caring for her. It must be so difficult with you being 1.5 hours away, but with your WONDERFUL attitude, somehow you'll be able to care for her when you need to.

Your Mom is most assuredly eligible for Social Security Disability. Go on the Social Security website which is www.ssa.gov/ The interview can be done over the telephone and will at least get disability benefits. My suggestion is to get that done as soon as you can as any little bit helps when the family has to undergo a change of work.

Blessings to you and your family.